Your homes attic is one of the most accessible areas in which top-of-the-line insulation from Anthony Insulation can be installed. Our attic insulation materials will improve the energy efficiency and decrease the annual cooling and heating costs of your house. Other benefits of our attic insulation include enhanced air circulation and protection from mold, fire, infestation, and moisture. With a wide range of attic insulation products available, our Canmore insulation contractors can help you select the type that suits your needs! Our attic insulation exceed the standards of excellence set by the insulation industry thanks to manufacturing improvements. If you’re building a new home, selecting a high R-value insulation will lower the energy burden of your air conditioner or furnace. Before removing to replace, or installing insulation in your home, we ask that you complete the following “attic insulation inspection to-do list”:
- Identify all issues pertaining to your attic insulation before our inspector enters your attic. This can include water stains on your drywall (walls or ceilings), temperature issues in specific areas of your house, or any other problems noticed by home inspectors.
- Locate and provide access to all of your attic hatches. If situated in a closet, make sure to remove personal items so that our attic inspector can gain access.
- Remove personal belongings you may have stored in your attic and be prepared that any plywood blocking access to the insulation may have to be taken out.
- If you are performing electrical work and / or renovating, please ensure that your pot lights are I-C rated. This type of pot light is allowed to have insulation installed over top without any cover or border.
Once this to-do list has been finished, our Canmore insulation contractors will carry out an inspection of your attic to search for structural specifications, and to form a tailor-made plan of our attic insulation services. We then ask you to conduct this “attic insulation installation to-do list”:
- Budget 1-2 hours for our Canmore insulation contractors to be on site for a standard attic insulation installation job. More in depth projects that involve insulation removal or extensive vapor barrier repair will take longer.
- Don’t worry about clean up because our insulation experts upgrade lived-in homes every day. We are prepared to lay down poly from the outside of your house to your attic hatch and will clean up after ourselves upon completion to remove airborne dust or other types of unhealthy particles. As we are working in your attic there will be minimal disruption to your household.
- Please note that any roofing work quoted will be executed by a different team of contractors. Although we are all part of the Anthony Insulation family, any goosenecks, soffit venting, or roof vents will be installed by a member of our roofing department which most likely will take place during a separate site visit. You will not be invoiced until all work is completed and you are fully satisfied.
Each stage of our attic insulation process follows our company’s stringent safety protocols and is handled by our fully licensed and insured Canmore insulation pros. As part of our 10 year workmanship warranty, Anthony Insulation provides ongoing support to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with our work. In addition to attic insulation, we also offer spray foam insulation, blown-in insulation, wall insulation, insulation removal, commercial insulation, and roofing services, all of which can be acquired via our comprehensive financing options. Learn more about our company by reading our client FAQs, and don’t hesitate to contact us for a free, in-home consultation and estimate in or around Canmore, Calgary, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Leduc, Okotoks, Cochrane, Stony Plain, Strathmore, or High River, Alberta.